While you are a patient with us, we will do everything we can to make you as comfortable as possible and to hasten your return home. We hope that the following information will help you and your family to understand more about your stay and our accommodations.
JCH's Admitting Services is available 24 hours a day to help patients register for emergency, outpatient and inpatient services.
At JCH your time and convenience are important to us. To help expedite the registration process, pre-registration for scheduled appointments is currently available over the telephone by calling (601) 786-3401.
Be sure to bring your current insurance cards, social security number and emergency contact information with you.
You will be asked to sign a treatment consent form for each visit to JCH. Your signature on the consent form also authorizes the hospital to release medical information regarding your hospitalization to the insurance carrier listed on your account. You may choose to retract that consent; however, payment of your bill by the insurance carrier may be delayed or declined.
Additional consent forms may be needed if you are having surgery or another special procedure. Your doctor will ask you to sign a consent form for each procedure ordered. If you do not fully understand what you're being asked to sign, do not hesitate to ask a staff member for clarification.
Permission for treatment of minors must be signed by parents or legal guardians.
At the time of registration, an identification bracelet will be placed on your wrist. This is for your safety and helps our staff clearly identify you. Please wear it throughout your stay.
What to Bring with You and What to Leave at Home
Remember to bring these items with you to the hospital:
- Insurance card or information, including preauthorization if necessary
- Medicaid or Medicare card
- Advance directive (living will)
- Emergency contact and physician information
- A list of medications and dosages. (Do not bring your medications unless you have your doctor’s order to do so.)
Other personal items you may need include:
- Clothing, such as a robe, slippers, and socks
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, and shampoo
- Instructions from your provider or the hospital
You should leave some things home, such as:
- Jewelry and other valuables
- Electronics and appliances
- An abundance of cash and several credit cards
- General Visiting Hours: 8:30am-8:30pm
- CU (Intensive Care Unit): No visiting from 6:30am-8:30am and 6:30pm-8:30pm. Approval is needed for all visits.
- Mother Newborn Care/NICU: Unlimited partner and support visit with hospital-issued identification bands.
For the safety of patients and employees, exterior doors at JCH are locked from 8:30pm to 5am. During this time, all visitors must enter and exit the building through the emergency department.
Accommodations for Family Members
We understand that sometimes it provides comfort for a patient to have his or her spouse stay overnight. Please discuss this option with the patient’s nurse.
Jefferson County Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. Use of tobacco products is prohibited in all indoor and outdoor areas.